Thursday, October 21, 2010

ACG - 2nd Advance Manual Project #2: 12 Baloons for Valentines




Advance Manual : 226-K  Storytelling 
Project # 2    : Let's Get Personal
Title          : 12 Balloons for Valentines
Delivered at   : Filcom-IT Toastmasters Club
Evaluated by   : CC/CL Rod Ganzon
Target Norm    : Advance Communicator Gold

     *     *     *     *     *     *

Note:
  • This was delivered as an impromptu speech, hence there was no prepared speech script
  • Unlike my other impromptu advance speeches where I was using visual aid, this time there was none.
  • The outline of my speech is shown below
  • Personally, I do not suggest delivering impromptu advance speeches unless you have wide  experience to do so.  Note that this speaker has won several awards in Table Topics contest in club level, area level and division level.
     *     *     *     *     *     *


Introduction 
  • Greet Audience Happy Valentines
    • After capturing attention, greet them good day/good evening
    • Share a personal story of falling in love, valentines day, and chocolates
    • Just to be different - no chocolates

Body 
  • My then girlfriend Pinky
    • Sweet, romantic and thoughtful
    • Looking forward on special days
  • Special Day - Valentines
    • Plans for the Valentines
    • Alibi about work
    • "As if"  I was forced to a date
      • I was wearing rugged jeans and shirt only
      • Pinky came in her best casual
    • I keep teasing her to give me my gift - she was carrying a bag with gift inside
  • Advance Preparation at the seaside restaurant
    • Reserve the place
    • Buy gifts
    • Buy 12 balloons
    • Attached 12 quotations from the Bible (1 Cor 13: 1-13)
  • Visit other places before going to the seaside restaurant
    • Tia Nanangs - too crowded  (I complained)
    • Consuelos - food not good  (I complained)
    • Mindys - too casual and not romantic  (Pinky complained)
  • "Just try" at the seaside restaurant
    • Place was full - many wait listed at the gate
    • I got in "kuno" via tips
    • Took the only table in the middle of the garden just beside the kidney shape pool
  • Pinky was wondering
    • Food was served right after we sat down
    • We did not order
    • We got the best seat/table in the place
  • Dinner - I excuse myself
    • 15 minutes later (after I finish my dinner) 
      • I came back in different clothes - formal dress
      • I brought a Valentines Card 
    • 10 minutes later (after she finish her dinner and while taking dessert)
      • I came back with my Valentines gift
    • 30 minutes later (after both of us finish dessert)
      • I said I will pay the bill
      • I came back with 12 red balloons and tied it in her hands
      • Everyone clap their hands
      • Change of music - ask her for a dance
    • She was very angry with me 
      • keeps pinching me on my side 
      • keeps stepping on my toes
      • keeps grasping my hands 
  • After the date
    • Kids came after her and ask for balloons
      • She didn't gave up any balloon
  • A very memorable night

Closing 
  • Balloons left and indelible ink in our memories
  • We smile every time we saw balloons
  • Our kids loves balloons too
  • What is your best love memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment