Friday, September 3, 2010

CC2 Project #2: The Big Night

Note:  Unlike my previous basic manual projects where I prepare a my speeches, my second take to the basic manual where all impromptu speeches. Hence, you may not see the actual speech in my blog.  Instead, I will only relate what happened and give an idea how I deliver or presented the content of my speech.

This blog entry is also published in my public blog "Adventures of Jorge


        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *

Gee.. I am getting serious with this Basic Manual Take 2 thing.

I just delivered my project #2 of the Basic Manual this afternoon at Filcom-IT Toastmasters Club. The members gave me a thunderous applause after the speech, and my evaluator showered me with heaps of praises and accolade for the successful delivery. The eyes of new members were filled with enthusiasm and amazement, and I could say, I have inspired them.

But only if they knew, I was totally unprepared before the meeting. Minutes before I was called in front, I was asking TM Marlyn for a good topic for my speech. She told me to deliver a speech about my high school days, which I immediately outlined in my mind.

My speech was about my experience as a young boy who has trouble finding a date for the upcoming prom night. I related the ordeal, humiliation and pain that a teenager would feel when everyone rejected him. The highlight of the story is the conversation between the boy and father emphasizing on the size of heart rather than looks or riches. The twist of the speech - which serves as the conclusion - is my story of first dance, first kiss, and first love with the girl whom eventually I married in the future.

Hehehe... if only they knew of something else (that's my secret!)

No comments:

Post a Comment