Sunday, February 14, 2010

ACS - 1st Advance Manual Project #3: The Lady in Pink


Advance Manual : 226-N Special Occasion Speeches
Project # 3    : The Roast
Title          : The Lady in Pink
Delivered at   : PELA Hall, PICPA Riyadh Toastmasters Club
Evaluated by   : ACB/CL Roi Ontiveros
Target Norm    : Advance Communicator Silver

     *     *     *     *     *     *


When I was younger, I always claim that my favorite color is blue until one day my sister pointed that it is not. If you've seen my room, everything in there is pink of a shade of it. And to capped it all, I married a lady whose nickname is Pinky.

Good evening fellow Toastmasters, and most especially to you madam pinky.

I first saw TM Pinky, eighteen years ago, in Cagayan de Oro. She was this young and feisty baranggay captain in the place where I just moved in. I thought, a beautiful lady like her deserves a handsome man like me, so I paid her a visit. On the night of the visit, she must really be excited. She looked at me from head to foot, shivered, and whispered "weww". And she was a very good host: she let me wait at the door forever before allowing me to come in. 
And before I could say a word, she said "I'm sorry I'm not ready for a relationship, I just had a broken heart". Dumbfounded, I politely replied "I have not yet started, we'll get into that". Gee… her eyebrows went berserk, I thought she would throw recycled cookies at me.

It was a night to remember, but what made it more memorable was here strange behavior. Before leaving, I ask her if we could have dinner… and she simple said "Yes" (shaking her head from left to right) or was it "No" (shaking her head up and down)?

Eventually, we have dinner the following day. I didn't talk about love, I was afraid she would readily say yes to me. I just keep on appreciating her beautiful face and nice hair. Perhaps she love to be appreciated, she beamed "are you a girl" which I readily replied "yes"… and she laugh loudly.

Six days later, I invited Pinky on a beach. Gee, she really loves listening to my stories I saw her humming with her earphones. And when I asked, "can I kiss you", she looks at me blankly and but she nodded. I immediately jumped and kissed her…. for thirty minutes. "What just happened" she asked afterwards. 

"You are now my girlfriend". "Hah? Oh.. bejesus".

Pinky is a sweet girlfriend. She puts more pink-of-happiness in our lives, most of it initiated by me. She made sure that we share the burden of life – me on the heavy end most of time. Like when we quarrel, we always settle it with me saying "Pinky, I am sorry… anyway it's your fault".

Oh, I almost forget. Pinky has a very loving and caring father. One time, we went out for movie date and went home late … just 10 pm actually. I saw her father and brother at the mall entrance with rolled up sleeves and they were carrying large sticks. By the way, Pinky was already 28 years old that time.

Finally, married life.

Pinky is a very caring wife. Here's the evidence: I gained weight significantly. She made sure that I finish everything she puts in the table – whether it taste good or not! Eventually, I cannot distinguish what is tasty food and what is not. It just food.

Pinky also love beautiful kids. When our daughter Jasmine came, I was really worried because she already promised that if the baby looks like me, she'll will shove it back. Luckily Jasmine looks like Pinky –back view. Then came our little boy Joshua. Alas a beautiful baby… just like the father. Pinky would then wink at me and tease… are you sure?

Eighteen years has passed, I really wonder why Pinky was so in love with me. But I have a hint. Pinky is a teacher who specializes on special children. I guess… I am special too… just like her pupils.


Back to you evening master


No comments:

Post a Comment